A conversation with Srijith Gopinath about state of Indian cuisine — Its history, its complexity, its comparison with French cuisine, Cal-Indian cuisine and top restaurants
Alok Shukla in a conversation with world’s only Michelin 2 Star Indian Chef — Srijith Gopinath.
Srijith is Executive Chef at Taj Campton in San Francisco and is co-owner of a new California Indian restaurant — Ettan in downtown Palo Alto in broader San Francisco Bay Area.
In an engaging chat, Srijith answer many questions including
- What does it mean by Cal Indian Cuisine?
- Comparing Indian cuisine vs French Cuisine
- Indian cuisine and flavor theory rules
- Can Michelin system truly judge Indian cuisine?
- Experimental or Authentic Indian cuisine?
- Top Indian Restaurants in United States
- Top 5 Indian restaurants in the world.